BuySCPlays is number one platform for providing social media services like SoundCloud plays, SoundCloud followers and Twitter followers at affordable price apart from free SoundCloud plays trial. For years, BuySCPlays.com has been leading the spotlight on talented young writers in every single genre through its yearly writing competition. Join our essay writing contest and get the chance to win a scholarship of $1000 and have your work published and seen by agents and editors! The top winning entry of our essay writing contest will be featured on BuySCPlays.com’s annual writing competition collection.
The Grand Prize winner of the annual writing contest will receive:
- A $1000 worth of scholarship!
- An interview and 1-on-1 attention from our credible editors
- Work published on the major websites that BuySCPlays.com owns
How to Enter
- To join our annual essay writing contest, submit your entry at [email protected] via e-mail. You cannot enter send multiple entries. Good news for those who are aspiring to be the next featured author: We have removed the entry fee! Yes, you read that right. Joining the contest is free of charge! However, each manuscript must be on the topic of “How SoundCloud Changed Music Forever”. This means that all those entries that do not revolve on the topic will be disqualified immediately.
- All entries must be original, unproduced, unpublished, and in English. All those that are accepted and/or published by other publications will be disqualified immediately. All entries are checked for plagiarism. BuySCPlays.com retains the non-exclusive publication rights to the winning entry. Any piece that is posted online or in any other blog will be considered as published.
- Your essay must be in Microsoft Word (.docx) format. The word count (1,000 to 2,000 words) must also appear in the first page’s upper right-hand corner, otherwise the entry will be disqualified. Together with the word count, the first page must also include the title of the entry.
- We want the competition to be fair, so please don’t include your name and contact information anywhere within the first page. What we suggest is that you put your identifying information on the e-mail instead of on the document.
- Be sure of the word count. If you exceed or under-deliver, you will be disqualified from the contest.
This scholarship is only for students that are currently enrolled in colleges, universities or high schools.
Ready to Submit Your Post?
The final date for submission is June 30th, 2018, 11:59 GMT. No application will be entertained after this date.
The winner will be chosen by July 15th, 2018. Winner will be notified by email and phone call. We will display result on our website on the same day.
Tips to Win our Annual Essay Writing Contest
- Captivate the reader from the first sentence
The first sentence of your essay is what sets the tone of the entire piece. This advice has been given many times before. Nobody would want to proceed to reading an entire 1,000 to 2,000-word piece if its first line is cliché or dull. So, make sure that your first sentence conveys your intention effectively.
- Be creative 🙂
Hundreds of people are applying in the same competition. In order for you to win, your essay must stand out. Give the panel of judges a good piece that they can “chew on”. This may be in a form of a different perspective, a controversial topic, or an innovative idea. The general rule is to make something that’s memorable. Also, you have to avoid using cliched phrases. Adopt a unique approach as it’s the easiest way to make a mark on the judges.
Best of luck!
Send your essay or article to [email protected]